Thursday 12 July 2012

Soulmate!


You will never be mine, and that is why I will never lose you. You were my hope during my days of loneliness, my anxiety during moments of doubt, my certainty during moments of faith.

Knowing that you existed was my one reason for continuing to live.
Then you came, and I understood all of this. You came to free me from the slavery I myself had created, to tell me that I was free to return to the world and to the things of the world. I understood everything I needed to know, and I love you more than all the women I have ever known. I will always remember now that love is liberty.

I will always remember you, and you will remember me, just as we will remember the evening, the rain on the windows, and all the things we’ll always have because we cannot possess them.

From the book: Brida.
Coelho, Paulo, and Montserrat Mira. Brida. New York, NY: Rayo, 2008. 


No comments:

Post a Comment